Roksana D. Moradi-Brovia, Partner
Email: [email protected]
Certified Bankruptcy Specialist since 2014
State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization
Partner, RESNIK HAYES MORADI LLP 2018-present
Partner, SIMON RESNIK HAYES LLP 2015-2018
Associate Attorney, SIMON RESNIK HAYES LLP 2012-2016
Associate Attorney, Law Offices of M. Jonathan Hayes 2009-2012
Law Clerk, Law Offices of M. Jonathan Hayes
March, 2009 to November, 2009
Roksana D. Moradi-Brovia has dedicated her legal career to representation of both individuals and businesses navigating through Chapter 7 and Chapter 11, and litigation arising in the bankruptcy context.
She has successfully confirmed 72 Chapter 11 Plans of Reorganization for both individuals and businesses, assisting her clients through the “rehabilitation” process at each step of the way. Recent Chapter 11 cases include representing a couple with 19 income producing real properties, a small trucking company, a jewelry store, a dental practice, and an LLC which owns a 13 unit commercial building.
Ms. Moradi-Brovia was nominated as a Super Lawyers Rising Star in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Ms. Moradi-Brovia is the Chair of the Commercial Law and Bankruptcy Section of the Los Angeles County Bar Association (“LACBA”), previously holding the positions of Programs Chair, Secretary and Vice Chair. She acted as Chair of the Debtor Assistance Project/Pro Bono Sub-Committee of the Bankruptcy/Commercial Law Section of LACBA from 2013 through 2017. Ms. Moradi-Brovia was the LACBA representative for the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California’s Bar Advisory Board for year 2017.
She is the 2018 President of the Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association (“cdcbaa”) and has been on the Board of Directors and the Programs Chair of the cdcbaa since 2013.
In 2014, Ms. Moradi-Brovia was selected by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Central District of California’s Bar Rules Advisory Group as the Working Group Chair of the “Disclosure Statement in Support of Chapter 11 Plan of Reorganization,” “Cash Collateral Motion,” and “Budget Motion” committees working to revise the current versions of those Chapter 11 Individual Debtor forms.
- “Interesting, Important and All Consuming Opinions of Central District Bankruptcy Judges” MCLE program for the San Fernando Valley Bar Association on January 19, 2018, with the Hon. Victoria S. Kaufman and James Selth.
- “Consumer Potpourri” MCLE program for the San Fernando Valley Bar Association on May 12, 2017, with Dennis McGoldrick and Nina Javan.
- “Chapter 11: Essentials and Special Situations” MCLE program for Pincus Professional Education on November 4, 2016, with the Hon. Neil W. Bason, Steven R. Fox, Stella Havkin, Peter Lively, and Dennis McGoldrick.
- “9th Circuit Bankruptcy Appellate Panel Review” MCLE program for the San Fernando Valley Bar Association on October 28, 2016, with Katherine C. Bunker and Raymond H. Aver.
- “Elimination of Bias” MCLE program for the cdcbaa at Southwestern Law School on February 27, 2016, with Nancy B. Clark and Magdalena Reyes Bordeaux.
- “When is Conversion Kosher? Exploring the Hows, Whens, and Whys of Converting Cases from One Chapter to Another” MCLE program for the Central District Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys Association (“cdcbaa”) at Southwestern Law School on February 8, 2014, with the Hon. Catherine Bauer and Jeffrey Hagen.
- “An Introduction to Adversary Proceedings” MCLE program for Public Counsel at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court – Los Angeles Division on July 11, 2013, with the Hon. Sandra R. Klein, and attorneys Magdalena R. Bordeaux and Roye Zur.
Publication: “The Section 1111(b) Election: A Primer,” California Bankruptcy Journal, December 2011 (with M. Jonathan Hayes).
Ms. Moradi-Brovia volunteers regularly at Neighborhood Legal Services’ Bankruptcy Self Help Desk and Public Counsel‘s Bankruptcy Self Help Desk and Reaffirmation Clinics.
On September 10, 2014, Ms. Moradi received the Public Counsel Debtor Assistance Project Pro Bono award.
Ms. Moradi-Brovia received her Juris Doctorate from the University of West Los Angeles – School of Law in June of 2009 and was admitted to the State Bar of California and the United States District Court in December of 2009. Ms. Moradi-Brovia was admitted to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in 2013. While in law school, Ms. Moradi-Brovia had the privilege of externing for the Hon. Tracy Grant in San Pedro. Ms. Moradi-Brovia was the Dean of the Delta Theta Phi Law Fraternity her last year of law school.
In 2009, Ms. Moradi-Brovia was chosen by her law school professor, M. Jonathan Hayes, to join his bankruptcy firm. The Law Offices of M. Jonathan Hayes merged with Simon & Resnik, LLP in 2012.
Ms. Moradi-Brovia immigrated to the United States when she was a child.
Languages spoken: Polish.